Dreamstime

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Winter in Montana

The year 2017 starts with sun and warm weather in my town. Located in the North-West part of Bulgaria, Montana is a small town in witch January usually means - snow, cold and bad weather. Well few days after the beginning of the new year we got some serious amount of snow - over 35cm over one night.
It began to snow around 10:00pm on Thursday

|It was a beautiful sight to watch, but sure was getting colder. Next morning we woke up with a nice snow cover - around 30cm thick and getting bigger.
For first time since 10 or more years I saw that the streets were cleaned. For my surprise the sidewalks were not cleaned at all. Usually people living in the houses and the blocks has to clean in front of their houses, but that morning they were still asleep I guess.
Passing by the monument of the September Revolution (1923) on the main square of the town I saw how beautiful the winter was. For first time, since I bought the camera, I took it with me on work in order to take some shots of the falling snow.
On one of the breaks I managed to take some quick shots of the snow storm we were having.



On my lunch break I managed to go out for 30 minutes and took some images of snow covered Montana.


The monument of Hristo Michailov.


Main square - Zheravitsa, at Montana, Bulgaria


The monument of the September Revolution (1923) in Montana, Bulgaria

At the end of the day I wanted to make even more images, because the snowing has become less severe.
Panoramic shot of Montana covered in snow

Zheravitsa Square covered in snow.

Glowing in the dark. 




So this is my town in snow! This is my first post in my new website. Here I will try to put some of my work and I will write more stories about my town, my village - Varbovchets, some interesting stories and images with my grand mother's cat etc.
Hope you will have a nice relaxing time here!



No comments:

Post a Comment