Dreamstime

Thursday, January 19, 2017

The approaching storm



The storm is near
Approaching storm
© Photographer: Milenmladenov | Agency: Dreamstime.com 

Near the small village of Varbovchets, Bulgaria, there is this magical place, where the mountain ends and becomes valley. Most of the fields are workable and last year (2016), just after they cropped the fields and gathered the production I was able to take a shot. This place is special for me for a simple reason – we used to have a small part of the field and it’s just behind the plumtree. Each time we were coming here I was using the plumtree as a landmark in order to find easier our field.
That day the weather was unstable – a bit chilly in the morning, a little bit too hot at the noon, and slight wind came just before sundown. I was hoping to take shots of some interesting clouds. I did manage to take this shot and one other that you can see below. My idea was to show the landscape, but when I came home and took a look at the images I found out that I took a nice image of the approaching storm.The hour and half of shooting was not lost - I came home with lots of usable images.

Alone in the field
© Photographer: Milenmladenov | Agency: Dreamstime.com 

I started to learn more about photography with one simple reason – to show more about my small village. This is the village where I spent most of my childhood. I am so sad that there aren’t many people left in it. I thought, slightly naive, that if I manage to take really nice images of this piece of heaven, more people will come here to take a look and admire, adore and cherish the nature all around, so most of my imperfect images about Varbovchets are made with this purpose only. If you do have a path around it – please take a moment or two too look around and feel the power of this place.

Sunset 04 by Milen Mladenov on 500px.com
Sunset at Smedov Vruh

Sunset 03 by Milen Mladenov on 500px.com
Sunset
You can find more images here:
500px
Dreamstime

No comments:

Post a Comment