Dreamstime

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Jacobina macro

Pink flower 05 by Milen Mladenov on 500px.com
 I got this flower as a gift from my parents after finishing the renovations in my home few years ago. Till this year it hasn't bloomed. I wasn't able to find the correct name of the flower in order to read how I was supposed to take care of it, till recently. This year I took it on the balcony and try my best to watch after it. One day I saw that there were forming three blooms - two bigger ones and one smaller. I waited them to become bigger and started photographing it. My idea was with black background and lots of details, that's why I've put a macro filter of 4x (and sometimes 10x) and used focus stacking to get the following photos.
Pink flower macro by Milen Mladenov on 500px.com
Pink flower 04 by Milen Mladenov on 500px.com
Jacobinia, also called justicia and Brazilian plume, is a beautiful tropical flowering shrub that displays gorgeous clusters of pink or white flowers that look like fireworks. It's a common, easy-to-grow plant in tropical areas like Southern Florida, and jacobinia is also gaining in popularity as a container-gardening plant in the North for its beautiful flowers and no-fuss nature. In the tropics, jacobinia makes for an excellent foundation plant in shady spots, as well as a lovely flowering hedge. The blooms appear all summer long and are great for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds. In frost-free areas, this flowering shrub is an evergreen.
Jacobinia by Milen Mladenov on 500px.com
Jacobinia 2 by Milen Mladenov on 500px.com

No comments:

Post a Comment